Directions to Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve Conference Venue in Clanwilliam, Western Cape
Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve | About | Accommodation | Directions
| Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve
Conference Venues South Africa
81 Bree Street
(270 km from Cape Town - allow three and a half hours driving time)
1. Depart Cape Town via the N1
2. Before Century City/Ratanga Junction, take the N7 off-ramp towards Malmesbury
3. Continue past Malmesbury, towards Moorreesburg, Piketberg and Citrusdal to enter the Olifants
River Valley (route takes approximately two hours)
4. Pass the Clanwilliam dam (located on the right hand side of the road) and turn right onto the R364 to Lamberts Bay/Clanwilliam
5. At the T-junction, turn right to Clanwilliam
6. When entering the town, a petrol station is located on the left hand side of the road
(NB: fill up if petrol is required and reduce tyre pressure. Please ensure that you re-inflate your tyres on the way back) Please call the lodge on 027 482 2627 as there is no mobile reception after this point. This will enable the lodge to anticipate your time of arrival.
7. Continue straight on the R364 towards Wupperthal and Calvinia and cross a bridge to reach a gravel road.
8. Continue on the gravel road for about 34kms, over the Pakhuis Pass, past "Louis Leipoldt's grave".
9. Cross a low bridge over the Brandewyns River.
10. Continue past a sign on the left hand side to "Travellers Rest - JJL Strauss"
11. After approximately one kilometre, turn right at the Bushmans Kloof signpost
12. Continue to a game fence and gate where Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve is entered.
13. Continue straight onto a concrete road, crossing a small bridge below the dam wall
14. Continue towards the Lodge, and on arrival, please park next to the big Blue Gum trees and the building marked "RECEPTION"