The Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System Satellite Meeting will be held at the scenic Spier Wine Estate on the 11th and the 12th of July, 2014. This conference will precede the 17th World Congress of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology in Cape Town.
The RAAS remains an exciting and active area of research, revealing new therapeutic interventions for cardiovascular disease and new insights into cardiovascular health. This satellite meeting will highlight recent advances in the pharmacology of drugs for heart failure and hypertension with a special focus on the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System. This is the first RAAS satellite meeting to be held on African soil, and it is an event encompassing excellent clinical and basic science, excellent networking opportunities and a distinctive African experience.
- Metabolic aspects of heart failure and ischemia
- Novel interventions for heart failure
- Hypertension: Molecular interventions and mechanisms
- Therapeutic interventions involving AT2 receptors
- Targeting aldosterone in heart failure and hypertension
- Clinical aspects of the RAAS
- Therapeutic interventions involving ACE2 and angiotensin (1-7)
Image Source: Mandroid