Filos has a restaurant on site and available for your convenience which is fully equipped to meet all your delegates’ needs. They provide complete conference packages, half day and full day, which can be tailored to suit your specific needs including, AV equipment and catering. Two halls on the premises. Kikos hall can seat up to 150 people which is ideal for a medium sized conference, product launch or presentation. For larger groups our Main hall can seat up to 450 people. They are flexible enough to cater for your conferences from as few as 20 guests to as many as 450 attendees in cinema or banquet style.
Idealy situated in the heart of Pretoria, close to the CBD, Union buildings, Steve Biko hospital and university of Pretoria. The lush gardens in a tranquil suburb offers the perfect get away form the hussel and bustle of the city. We offer conference and function rooms of differnt sizes to accommodate all maner of groups large and small.
Our dedecated staff assist with the set-up of the venue according to your specs and will tend to all the delegates needs. 12 Guest rooms are available for delegates that want to sleep over.
The 2nd Solar Power Thermal Conference and Expo will take place the 4th and 5th of February 2013 in Pretoria. The conference will assist attendees to make the right technology choices and confirm bankability to guarantee a CSP share of the South African IPP market.
Attending CSP will help create the right technology partnerships and validate bankability to receive a share of the remaining 800MW of CSP assignment in South Africa’s REIPPP. Over the two days the conference will cover every aspect of how to win bids in later rounds and develop a successful project, including:
- Overcome Financing Delays – Understand lending structures and get key lessons learned in the REIPPP to simplify your way to getting financed.
- CSP Technology Roadmap – Make the right technology choices and identify proven suppliers, to achieve fast financial closure in South Africa.
- Optimizing Project Economics – Get the latest methods for efficient plant construction and design, to guarantee a competitive LCOE and record breaking efficiency.
- Utilise Lessons learned – Get updates on Round I and II projects to streamline your plant’s development saving money, time and frustration.
- Your USP in South Africa – From dispatchable power to hybridization discover how to transform a CSP business to tap into productive and new opportunities.
This is the only event dedicated exclusively to the South African CSP industry. The event aims to bring together leading local, and international experts to assist in overcoming the main technological and economic roadblocks, guaranteeing the future growth of businesses. Key stakeholders in the REIPPP and the most experienced international experts are eager to share their knowledge. Hear from leading policy makers, developers and financiers at the forefront of South Africa’s emerging CSP market to take home a robust strategy that will surpass the competition in round III and beyond, and guarantee a CSP plant is bankable.
We have confirmed 25+ speakers, just take a look at a sample of the impressive line up:
- Christoph Ehlers, Business Director for Southern Africa Region, ACWA Power
- Alastair Herbertson, Consultant, Investec
- Santiago Arias, Technical Director O&M, Torresol Energy
- Rainer Tammer, Acting Head of the Institute of Technical Thermodynamics, DLR
- Louis van Heerden, General Manager, Abengoa Solar South Africa
- Sakkie Leimecke, Head of Energy Finance, NedBank
- Alistair Jessop, Vice President, Development, SolarReserve
- Ayanda Nakedi, General Manager – Generation Strategy, Technology and Assurance, Eskom
- Craig O’Connor, Director – Office of Renewable Energy, U.S. Export-Import Bank
- Rentia van Tonder, Head: Green Industries SBU, Industrial Development Corporation
- Alastair Campbell, Head – Power Finance, Standard Bank
- Paul Gauche, Solar Energy Researcher, University of Stellenbosch
Spend 2 days building relationships with the leading financiers, developers and EPC groups in South Africa’s CSP industry. Winning CSP bids in South Africa, closing on finance and choosing the right technology for your plant is not going to happen overnight, but attending CSP Today South Africa 2013 will be the fast track approach to reach the goal. It is rare to have so much international CSP experience in one room, saving money and time in getting in front of the key contacts. The event is tailored to ensure visitors are able to network with the key stakeholders, essential to the success of your business in 2013 and beyond:
- Exclusive industry discussion panels and extended Q&A sessions ensuring attendees get to meet with key developers, financiers and EPC groups operating in the South African market.
- Online networking tool – 2 weeks prior to the event access will be given to the conference’s online networking tool, enabling attendees to contact and arrange meetings with key stakeholders in order to build key relationships before the event.
- There will be a cocktail networking party on the 4th of February at the networking drinks reception being hosted by Ripasso Energy.
- Exhibition zone – The focus of events will take place in the expo zone, providing a chance to meet with the solution providers and exchange business cards.