A three-day interactive programme for business professionals in the Telecoms Industry held at The Westin Hotel in Cape Town, 11th to 13th September 2013. Improve your tool-kit of techniques and tactics to develop long lasting partnerships from complex negotiations specific to the Telecoms Industry.
The Telecoms sector is facing a difficult time when the investment required for new technology is in running in parallel with pressures for customers to reduce prices, the need for a high level of negotiating capability has never been stronger.
Negotiation is often an insufficiently structured process whereby factors such as personal style, history between the negotiators, and the nature and extent of the planning carried out can have a disproportionate impact on the negotiation. There is often a lack of understanding of the alternatives which exist, the full range of options and the methodologies which have been developed.
While many of us have had some kind of limited negotiation training, very few of us have taken this to the standard required when we are dealing with high standards and significant-impact negotiations. With significant sums of money at stake, nothing less than “expert” status should be acceptable.
Whether you are involved in negotiating agreements with customers, joint venture partners, other operators, contractors or regulatory agencies and government, this programme will provide advice and insight on how you can improve the outcome from your negotiations.
This programme will do 4 things:
- Provide a structured framework which ensures that a comprehensive approach to a negotiation is built up in as short a time as possible. This structured system is easily shared with colleagues in an organisation using the tools provided on the programme. Case studies from data and voice, mobile and fixed line negotiations will present the framework to life.
- Identify personal weaknesses and strengths provide individual feedback and laying down personal development plans.
- Explore and explain a variety of tools, approaches and techniques which can be used to increase the likelihood of success in complex negotiations. Each of them will be supported by examples of their application in a telecoms environment.
- Deliver a structure whereby managers can improve their team members using the structured approach so that negotiations are professionally planned and carried out, and a consistent team approach to negotiations is used
This programme is essential to these job roles:
- Contract Manager
- Product Manager
- Purchasing and Procurement
- In-house legal
- Sales Managers
- Commercial Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Brand Managers
This highly effective programme will deliver:
- Structured framework focused on high value negation to provide a comprehensive approach to your negotiation in the shortest possible timeframe
- Industry specific case studies focused on the practical issues that are unique to the high value, complex negotiations of the telecoms industry including roaming agreements, content agreements, interconnection and access, infrastructure sharing and outsourcing
- A variety of tools, techniques and approaches which can be applied to substantially increase the likelihood of success in major negotiations
- Individual personal development plan based on your weaknesses and strengths to ensure continued improvement when you return to the workplace
- Access to the knowledge and skills to a world class negotiation expert with extensive telecoms experience who focuses on the long term benefit for your organisation
- A roll-out plan for developing your team and colleagues to deliver results at negotiation using the same winning tactics